Thursday, May 3, 2012

AUSSIE CHILLER GOLF HAT


Aussie Chiller Golf Hat
I mostly write about  Golf Travel.  However Once in a while I come across a product that I think  is worth knowing about and I just tried a new golf hat called  the Aussie Chiller
It was developed in, you guessed it, Australia, and it looks like a brimmed cowboy hat but it has one awesome feature.  Its made from  a chamois like fabric.  The one I tried has the fabric perforated  (its sold with unperforated  as well) On those brutally hot days you just dowse this hat in chilled water and voila, you cool off.
I was out on one of those hundred degree days  in Phoenix, wearing my new hat and on the third hole I just soaked it in cold water, put it on my head  and my body temp dropped noticeably.  What a relief. It even seems to stop sweat before staining the hat.  Pretty nice!!
Their webiste says it packs flat in a suitcase and returns to its original shape, but I didn’t try that.  It has has an elastic headband so in windy conditions it won’t blow off your head.
I would guess these hats will even be a wonderful  in the rain because of the slow water absorbtion rate.
I have been wearing wide brim hats the last couple years because I was constantly forgetting to put sunscreen on the back of my neck and my ears.  This hat protects these spots--  and I don’t have to worry about sunscreen.  I was wearing a “bucket hat”  but I am now switching to this Aussie Chiller. On hot days you just can’t beat it.  It comes in a few different colors and my wife even says “it looks better than those bucket hats you have been wearing, dear”
888-412-8774

No comments: