Friday, November 2, 2007

Larry Makes the Golf Channel


Yesterday, October 30,2007 I was in Orlando to record an interview on The Golf Channel. My interview was with Steve Sands, host of Golf Central. It was lots of fun and the people at the Golf Channel were wonderful to work with. I don't know when it is going to be on the air but I suspect it will be sometime before Thanksgiving. As you can imagine, the interview was around my book A GOLFER'S DREAM, and my quest to play the Top 100. After we were done the producer told me. "Our viewers are truly going to relate to this, They see an interview with a pro and they know they will never go out and shoot 65, but a quest like this they will be able to relate to, possibly even attempt"

My friend, Howdy Giles tried to arrange for me to meet Arnold Palmer while I was there. He was in town and I called his secretary to try to set an appt. "He has several people in from out of town today and tomorrow, but if there is a break in his schedule, I will call you" The next morning my cell phone rang. "Hi this is Mr. Palmer's asst. Are you near enough that you could be here in 20 minutes? he is here now and has a bit of free time" I wasn't dressed yet and on top of that I was 40 minutes away, so my opportunity to meet the king slipped through my hands. Oh well, hopefully there will be a next time

No comments: