Thursday, January 24, 2008

golfing with a segway

I am in Arizona for the winter and yesterday I played golf at Kierland golf club. This is a wonderful course located in the Phoenix area, with beautifully designed holes and wonderful greens. They have added a very clever feature there. One transportation option they give you, in addition to walking or riding a cart, is taking a segway. You have probably seen these around, maybe even tried one. You stand on it and with the shifting of your body weight you get it to move forward, backward and turn from side to side. The ones there are even set up with hardware to carry your golf bag… Pretty slick.

We started with about ½ hour of training, learning how to get on and off and steer and adjust the speed. Hills are a challenge, espeically sidehills, but after a few holes I was completely comfortable on it and had a blast using it on my round. I even shot an 87 which made me happy. Learn more about these at www.segwayofscottsdale.com

No comments: